Tuesday 29 March 2016

I Quit Elections, Not Politics:




Days after making a formal announcement that Loksatta will not be contesting elections, IAS turned politician Jayaprakash Narayan clarified his stand amidst several rumours, criticism. In a candid interview to a news channel, JP made it clear that he has quit contesting elections as he didn't see he could bring any major changes through contesting elections. "I'm not running away from politics. I never said politics is wrong. Neither I regret my decision to float political party. Since beginning, we're very clear that one can't shun politics in democracy. Politics is very key in changing people's lives. Even today, I stand by it. Elections is one weapon which didn't work for us in this long journey of transforming nation. We'll choose new weapon in achieving our goals," said JP who's as strong as ever.

Expounding further, JP talked on how elections these days have become costly and where contestants spending Crores even for Municipal Corporation elections. He also pointed out at the lack of sufficient powers to local bodies which is crippling the democracy.

Claiming that Loksatta brought several reforms in the country, he said, "Either exposing 2G Scam or RTI, we have been fighting for betterment of people. And we continue to do so. I never compromised on national interest." JP rued that he contested for Parliament but people didn't accept him and he says he humbly accepts people's decision.

Saying that he never take break, JP spills the beans, "Presently I'm working on a scheme such that no one needs to spend a penny from their pockets on health issues. This I'm working on a national level. It's in the final stages and am fine tuning it." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment